Current Job Openings
The Catering Sous Chef reports to the Chef de Cuisine and is responsible for aiding in planning, implementing, directing and maintaining food programs and back of house operations for Brooklyn Winery’s weddings, corporate and social events. The chef must ensure that all goals are met while complying with New York State and federal health requirements.
- Work with executive staff to maintain a high standard of food and service and to ensure that the kitchen operates as per upper management’s vision and standards
- Oversee day to day kitchen operations for all aspects of food production related to private events
- Assist with the development of menus while working with event team and upper management for suggestions and needs
- Consistently execute and oversee production of menu
- Assist as needed with food purchasing and inventory control
- Attend weekly BoH/FoH events meetings
- Manage back of house personnel, including full-time and freelance cooks, ensuring they comply with management protocols
- Provide culinary leadership to staff
- Oversee portion control and food presentation
- Expedite and manage back of house staff during key events
- Responsible for maintaining back of house compliance with Department of Health standards
- Conduct regular food safety walkthroughs
- Assist with wine bar-related tasks such as ordering and prep on occasion
- Work with senior management to ensure excellent client experiences
- At least 5 years professional NYC kitchen experience
- Extensive experience with wedding and corporate catering
- Excellent management and delegation skills
- Positive and constructive attitude during service and able to maintain composure and lead through example
- Must be able to provide examples and explanations of how administrative duties (scheduling, prep sheets, order sheets) are built and maintained
- Keep a clean and orderly kitchen
- Hold a NYC Department of Health certificate
Brooklyn Winery is seeking freelance event cooks! We are an urban winery, small plates restaurant, and incredibly busy event venue! Brooklyn Winery books over 200 events per year and we rely on a core team of freelance chefs to work alongside our small full-time staff. We specialize in upscale New American cuisine served family style, as well as cocktail parties and stationary buffet-style events. Learn all aspects of our on-site event kitchen! Most shifts include prep and service. Competitive salary dependent on experience. Weekend availability preferred.
Must have the following:
- At least one year experience in an NYC restaurant or catering business
- Strong knife skills a must (This includes owning your own knives)
- Attention to detail and ability to follow recipes
- Flawless track record with attendance
- Strong team-working skills
- Positive attitude
- Food handler's safety certified a plus
- Neat, quick and efficient worker
Please paste your resume in the body of your email response. Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com
BKW by Brooklyn Winery is looking for motivated professionals to join the team at our new restaurant on Franklin Ave. in Crown Heights.
We are excited to be a part of the neighborhood. We are serving in a relaxed yet refined setting, alongside a strong wine list and craft cocktails. Ideal candidates should have solid NYC fine dining experience, be creative, and be interested in a serious commitment to a growing company.
Accepting applications for : Full-Time and Part-Time Servers
Applicants must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a NYC fine dining or casual/fine dining establishment with solid food knowledge and a basic understanding of wine and spirits.
Paste your resume in the body of your email response. No attachments and no head shots. Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org