Have you tried our brussels sprouts? They’re a favorite at both our private events and our wine bar. Here’s how to make them at home until you can visit us again!
Our chef has modified the recipe with techniques you can use at home, so you can recreate that happy hour experience from your kitchen with some of our wine. (We think our Reserve Merlot would make the perfect pairing!)
Keep scrolling for the ingredients and recipe. And if you make these, we’d love to see! Share a pic on Instagram or Facebook or tag us.
Brussels Sprouts Ingredients
- One pint of brussels sprouts
- Togarashi to taste (if you don’t have this use cayenne pepper)
- Fried rosemary (fry in a pan until crispy and de stem)
- Pumpkinseed brittle (see instructions below)
- Salt to taste
- Honey to taste
Pumpkin Seed Brittle Ingredients
- 7.5oz pumpkinseeds
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6.5oz corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
Pumpkin Seed Brittle Instructions
- Spray a non-stick baking sheet with oil.
- Place the corn syrup, sugar and pumpkinseeds in a heavy bottom pot.
- Cook on low-medium heat until it just starts to look like a light caramel.
- Add the baking soda stir together. At this point it will bubble. About 30 seconds after you stir in the baking soda, pour the mixture out onto the baking sheet.
- Allow brittle to cool for 30 minutes.
- Break the brittle up into pieces – it should be easy to break. Set aside.
Brussels Sprouts Instructions
- Cut the sprouts in half, then cut each half in half lengthwise, so they’re four pieces each.
- Toss your cut sprouts with a table spoon and a half of oil in a bowl.
- In our commercial kitchen, we deep fry the brussels sprouts for about 3 minutes. At home, it’s okay if you don’t have a deep fryer. You can use an air fryer. Put the tossed brussels sprouts in the air fryer at 390F and cook for 15-20 minutes until they are crispy enough for you. Our chef likes to shake the holding pan 1 or 2 times while they are cooking.
- When finished, toss the sprouts in a bowl with honey, togarashi (or cayenne), the pumpkin seed brittle, rosemary and salt.
Finally, pour yourself a glass of wine, and enjoy!