Missing our turkey meatballs from the wine bar or our events menu? Here’s how to make them at home and pair with our wine!
We adapted our chef’s recipe so you can try it using ingredients you probably already have, or can easily get. And we removed the need for any special kitchen tools, so you should be all set to start cooking!
(This recipe makes about 270 meatballs – 0.7oz ea)
- 2 lbs Ground Turkey
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 cups Breadcrumbs (Brioche preferred)
- 1/2 cup Golden Raisins (plumped in white wine)
- 2 Tb finely chopped parsley
- 1 Tb finely chopped rosemary
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher Salt to taste
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 F
- Combine all ingredients and roll into 0.7oz balls
- Allow to chill in the refrigerator about 30 minutes (not required, but helpful in setting the shape)
- Pre-bake for about 5 minutes until the outside is firm
- Remove meatballs from the oven and reduce heat to 300 F
- When ready to serve, fry at 300 F until golden brown and cooked through. Top with golden raisin mustard (see below)
- Garnish with the shaved parmesan
Golden Raisin Mustard for Topping
Plump 1/4 cup Golden Raisins in white wine, then strain and discard the wine – you can use the leftover wine to soak the raisins for the meatball recipe. Mix plumped raisins with 1/2 cup Dijon mustard, and 1 Tb honey.
Don’t forget to pour yourself a glass of wine and enjoy!