Wine blending involves mixing different types of wine, which many wineries do to polish their wines before bottling. This interactive activity allows guests to explore the art of blending while also getting to know each other. Our blending session is one of our most unique team building ideas.
If you’re hosting a dinner, luncheon meeting, or cocktail reception, you can choose to enhance the experience by adding a Blending Session. Please note that any of our team building activities must be booked in conjunction with one of our event packages.
Length: 45 minutes
Capacity: 15 – 60 people
- Guests are broken into groups and assigned to a blending station, which has five different wines, a blending kit, and a wine aroma wheel.
- Brooklyn Winery staff will walk guests through the process of how to use the blending tools and how winemakers blend wines.
- Each group creates its own unique wine blend by mixing and matching wines.
- Blended Wine Contest:
- Each team submits their favorite blend to Brooklyn Winery judges.
- Each member of the winning team gets a bottle of Brooklyn Winery wine to take home.
6:00pm Guests Arrive and Sparkling Wine Greeting
6:00 – 6:30pm Meet & Greet with Antipasti & Open Bar
6:30 – 7:15pm Blending Session
7:30 – 8:30pm Dinner or Cocktail Party
8:30 – 9:00pm Dessert
9:00pm Event Concludes