Looking for the perfect cocktail to sip this Valentine's Day? Mix up our latest wine inspired cocktail right at home following this simple recipe!
This recipe features our 2013 Old Vine Zinfandel which is blended with 10% Petite Sirah and has a brooding, dark dense nose with a deep color and sweet aromatics. This wine is big with lush ripe fruit flavors along with hints of vanilla, mocha and strawberry pie with oak and smoke poking through on the finish.
- 2 ounces Kings County Distillery/Brooklyn Winery Brandy
- 1 ounce Brooklyn Winery Old Vine Zinfandel
- 1 ounce "bouquet of flowers" simple syrup (see recipe below)
- 2 dashes Sunset Botanica Hibiscus-Rose bitters
Combine all ingredients in mixing glass and stir over ice. Strain into chilled coupe glass and serve up. Garnish with skewer of brandied cherry & candied rose petals.
Bouquet of Flowers Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender flowers
- 15 dried rose buds
- 3/4 cup sugar
Bring 1 cup water to boil then remove from heat. Combine all dry ingredients and pour boiling water over them. Stir until sugar is dissolved then cover and steep for 10 minutes. Strain through a fine mesh sieve and refrigerate until ready to use. Yields 8 ounces of syrup.